Foreign tourists mainly were technical experts and skilled workers who are allowed to enter Vietnam to work, and truck drivers transporting goods through international border gates. In the first two months, the country welcomed 28,700 foreign visitors, a year-on-year decrease of 99.1 percent. According to the report, HCMC saw a decline of 14.1 percent, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province and Da Nang City decreased 15.9 and 16.1 percent, Hanoi and Hai Duong slid 7.6 and 7.8 percent compared with last year. Tourism revenue fell 62.1 percent over the same period last year to VND2,500 billion (US$108.6 million). The most severe drops were seen in Hanoi at 47.7 percent, Da Nang by 67.7 percent, HCMC by 69.2 percent, Thua Thien-Hue Province by 73.3 percent and Hai Duong Province by 89.4. The tourism industry has proposed many preferential policies to support travel firms and laborers that have been severely affected by the Covid-19. However, there was not much support and many businesses could not receive these preferential treatments. A further decline is expected in the coming months, said the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT). At the present, more than 500 enterprises that can not continue their operations have proposed for the withdrawal… Read full this story
- Foreign visitors increase 50% in May
- More foreign visitors arrive on New Year’s Days
- Thua Thien - Hue receives over one million of foreign visitors
- MobiFone caters to foreign visitors’ interest
- First foreign visitors to HCM City on New Year’s Day
- Tourism industry busy with foreign visitors on New Year’s days
- Vietnam targets 17 million foreign visitors in 2018
- Visa fees for int’l tourists to fall sharply next month
- "Vietnam Tourism Looking towards more Foreign Visitors"
- Vietnam’s exports to US fall sharply in January
Number of foreign visitors to Vietnam in February falls sharply have 270 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.