Around $200 billion is now in tumult after a succession of days of network congestion and the news about the required increase in minimum trading lot from 100 to 1,000 shares on the HCM City stock market. Nguyen Giang, owner of The Way Coffee, completed the procedure to open an account at SSI Hanoi Branch after hearing that the HCM CIty Stock Exchange (HOSE) was planning to increase the required minimum trading lot from 100 shares to 1,000 shares. The reason behind the plan, as explained by Le Hai Tra, HOSE's CEO, was to ease the overload. However, this was not good news for many investors, including Giang. Because of Covid-19, he no longer can work as an outbound tour guide, which he did for 10 years. In 2020, he opened a street coffee shop. However, the third Covid-19 outbreak once again affected his business. Giang then decided to make financial investments as he has confidence in the bright prospects of the stock market. However, the calculations of the investor may fail because of HOSE's tentative policy. If the tentative policy takes effect, Giang will have to spend VND100 million at least for every purchase transaction of VIC (Vingroup), VJC… Read full this story
- How regulators are repositioning mutual funds to spur investors’ participation
- 5 reasons why any proposal to increase F&O lot size is flawed
- Grand Designs guru who reduced investors' dreams to RUBBLE: On TV, Kevin McCloud guides families' home-build ambitions. So how did his own venture have such shaky foundations?
- Cross-border deal to facilitate trade
- Bitcoin investors could lose all their money, FCA warns
- Bitcoin loses a quarter of its value in one day's trading
- Williamson announces poverty plan with support for universal basic income, $15 minimum wage
- Vietnam should open up debt-trading market to private investors: experts
- CAIT suggests imposition of minimum operating price for products
- New developments aid merger & acquisition activities
New regulation on minimum trading lot at HOSE aims to keep small investors away have 305 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.