The village, located in Tien Canh Commune, the central province’s Tien Phuoc District, was established between the 15th and 16th century with a total seven generations living in harmony. Around the old house complex are fruit trees that not only produce a variety of fruits but provide ample shade for the dwellings. There are eight old houses left in Loc Yen, built 80 to 150 years ago. Their structures are typical of a house called “nha ruong”, made of solid jackfruit wood pillars and beams. Their cultural value is critically acclaimed and deemed worthy of preservation. The well-preserved interior of 82-year-old Dong Viet Mao's home. A pumpkin-shaped rafter carving in the middle of Mao's house signifies prosperity. All carvings and reliefs were skillfully produced by craftsmen from Van Ha carpentry village, Tam Thanh Commune of neighboring Phu Ninh District. A mysterious “auto rotating” table made by Van Ha Village carpenters. Stone stairs leading to an old house appear wet and slippery in the rain but create a nostalgic feel and smell induced by a green moss layer. Large stone-paved steps with tea fences and fruit tree gardens on both sides. Stone footpaths skirting lush green paddy fields are ideal for… Read full this story
- Indian Army smashes terror launch pads across LoC after 9 killed in Pak firing
- Six civilians among 11 killed in Pakistan firing at LoC
- Uneasy calm along LoC day after heavy exchange of fire between India, Pakistan
- The old French colonial house of a wealthy family in Lang Son
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are engaged! The pop star, 51, and country crooner, 44, are set to wed as she flashes a diamond ring: 'Yes please!'
- Villagers find Cambridge student Alana Cutland's body after 12-day search for the 19-year-old who opened plane door and threw herself 3,700 feet to her death in Madagascar
- Villagers searching for the body of Cambridge student Alana Cutland after she jumped from a light aircraft in Madagascar turn to their Malagasy religion and sacrifice a cow in the hope it will help find her
- Old Ireland in color: Fascinating images show life in the 19th and 20th centuries with cattle markets, fishing villages, horse-drawn carts and traveler children
- E-commerce brings vitality to rural life in East China's 'Taobao village'
- Satisfy your wanderlust: You can now travel to new 'air-bubbled countries'
Loc Yen old village, a country retreat have 379 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.