The Lao Ministry of Health hopes to vaccinate 20 percent of its population against COVID-19 by the end of this year. – Illustrative image (Photo: Lao National Radio) Vientiane (VNA) – Some 150,000 medical workers in Laos will receive vaccination against COVID-19 in March and April, using 300,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccine donated by China. According to Head of the Department of Hygiene and Health Promotion under Lao Ministry of Health Phonepaseuth Ounaphom, this vaccination programme is part of the COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control plan that the local health authorities are working hard to implement. People in high-risk groups between the ages of 18 and 60 will also be given priority in this plan, including medical personnel, the elderly, people with chronic illnesses, and migrant workers. The Lao Ministry of Health hopes to vaccinate 20 percent of its population against COVID-19 by the end of this year. The rate is expected to increase to 50 percent of the population by 2022 and 70 percent by 2023. Development partners of Laos have pledged to provide vaccines for the Southeast Asian country in accordance with its demand. The Lao authorities also consider buying more vaccines made in Germany, Japan and other… Read full this story
- AP-NORC Poll: Half of Americans Would Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Early COVID-19 Vaccine Data Positive, but 'Unimpressive'
- Trump Says COVID-19 Vaccine Will Be Available by Year's End
- US Secures 300 Million Doses of Potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine
- Antibody testing, vaccine trial: What India and the world are doing for Covid-19 vaccine
- The Race to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine, Explained
- Moderna says Covid-19 vaccine shows promise in early trials, excites markets
- WHO backs COVID-19 vaccine trials that deliberately infect participants
- How one Indian company could be world’s door to a Covid-19 vaccine
- How a Pune-based firm may open the world's door to a COVID-19 vaccine
Laos: 150,000 medical workers to get COVID-19 vaccination have 287 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.