Construction of Cai Lon sluice on Cai Lon river, An Binh commune, Chau Thanh district (Photo: VNA) Kien Giang (VNA) – Extra efforts are being made to quickly complete the first phase of the Cai Lon – Cai Be irrigation system in the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang to better serve local life and production. Connecting the Cai Lon River to the Cai Be River, the project is expected to improve agriculture and aquaculture production, control salinity, fight the effects of climate change, and provide freshwater for An Minh and An Bien districts during periods of low rainfall. Construction of the first phase of the project, scheduled to be completed by the end of this year, is taking place in Chau Thanh district on 54.5 ha, with funding of 3.3 trillion VND (143.3 million USD). According to deputy head of the Irrigation Work Investment and Construction Management Board No 10, Ha Duc Hanh, the Cai Be sewer was put into operation on February 5, several months ahead of schedule, thus helping control saltwater intrusion on over 20,000 ha of agricultural land. The sewer helps the province save on the cost of building over 150 temporary dams and contributes to… Read full this story
- How Do I Improve My Sinuses Without Having An Operation?
- Microsoft Surface Consumer Version - Coming Soon
- Corona Casino reports $13.04 million gross profit in six months
- Computer Formatting and Installation (XP and Vista)
- Clicker Training Your Puppy 101
- Few Simple Ways To Speed Up WinXP
- Achieving the Goal - We Do Not Break Faith in Leading the Way
- Car Rental Successes - Dollar Rent a Car
- Olympic Nations - Who Is Who?
- Walking in Florence
Kien Giang hoping to soon put Cai Lon - Cai Be irrigation system into operation have 264 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.