The information technology (IT) and telecoms sector has emerged as a bright spot amid the COVID-19 pandemic as companies have quickly optimised opportunities to move ahead and develop sustainably. The deployment of 5G service is hoped to accelerate the building of e-government. (Photo: insidetelecom.com) According to the BIDV Securities Company (BSC), the pandemic has sped up digital transformation and investment in technologies at many businesses, while facilitating the sustainable development of tech enterprises that have pioneered providing solutions, platforms, services, and products for digital transformation. The rising move towards digital transformation is expected to help such firms as FPT and CMC benefit from software exports. FPT's growth remained in the double digits last year despite the pandemic, with turnover at 29.83 trillion VND (1.29 billion USD) and pre-tax profit 5.26 trillion VND, increases of 7.6 percent and 12.8 percent, respectively. Net profit rose 13.1 percent to 4.22 trillion VND. Of note, digital transformation contributed 3.21 trillion VND to turnover, up 31 percent against 2019. In the tech sphere in particular, its turnover was some 13.9 trillion VND, up 23 percent year-on-year. Customer numbers also grew nearly 19 percent, while the number of projects worth millions of US dollars rose nearly 29… Read full this story
- Amid retail woes, furniture stores a bright spot in Bay Area
- Incumbent telecom' profit halve in 3 years, margins fall 1,000 bps
- Beijing police intensify effort to fight against telecom fraud
- Jio dislodges Vodafone to claim second spot in revenue market share
- 'This Week' Transcript 6-2-19: Sen. Michael Bennet, Rep. Adam Schiff, Rep. Jim Jordan
- Nicole Scherzinger wows in emerald dress amid claims she's set to 'unveil Pussycat Dolls' reunion on X Factor: Celebrity'
- Reliance Jio pips Airtel to claim number 2 spot in revenue market share
- Rihanna rocks braids and futuristic shades while carrying a Louis Vuitton tote as she lands in Barbados... amid Fenty Beauty lawsuit with legally blind woman over website accessibility
- Base Metals: Aluminium, lead, zinc drifted lower in futures amid weak demand
- India Ready to Woo Tech Giants Amid US-China Trade Tensions
IT, telecoms a bright spot amid COVID-19 have 320 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.