The Hanoitimes – The declaration is believed to be more effective only when having a transparent mechanism that is more trustworthy than the current process. The Government Inspectorate of Vietnam has asked high-ranking officials to make assets declaration within March as part of efforts to curb corruption. Assets declaration is believed one of Vietnam’s tools against corruption. Source: Tien Phong State employees holding the post of deputy department and higher, police and army officers, candidates for the National Assembly and the People Council are subject to the assets declaration. The declaration covers kinds of assets, flows of assets, and origin of assets. Results of the declaration would be public in the agencies they work for or at the bodies' meetings. Assets declaration is believed one of Vietnam's tools to curb corruption among state cadres. Authorized agencies likely check randomly part of the assets to see if the declaration is trustworthy, according to Dr Dinh Van Minh, head of the Government Inspectorate's Legal Department. Francesco Checchi, a regional anti-corruption advisor of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in South East Asia and the Pacific, told Hanoitimes that Vietnam should build a mechanism that closely monitors the asset declaration among senior civil… Read full this story
- UK-Vietnam FTA to become effective from 23:00 on December 31
- UK declares record-high 55,892 cases and another 964 deaths as SAGE warns even a brutal lockdown with schools shut for almost ALL children might not be enough to contain 'mutant' Covid amid fears restrictions will last into summer
- Former head of Chinese state asset firm is sentenced to death for soliciting $300m in bribes and starting a secret second family while married to 'loyal wife'
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 10
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 8
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 29
- 2020 - A year for Vietnam to assert mettle, stature
- Vietnam effectively exploits science-technology for national growth in pandemic
Is assets declaration by Vietnam’s high-ranking officials effective? have 315 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.