Video Player Close SINGAPORE, March 30 (Xinhua) — Singapore welcomes China’s interest in deepening economic cooperation with Asia-Pacific countries, said Singapore’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan, as China announced during its annual “two sessions” earlier this month that it would continue to open up. Balakrishnan made the remarks in a recent written interview with Xinhua before departing for a visit to China. TRADE & INVESTMENT POTENTIAL Singapore can “play a key role” in the “external circulation” of China’s dual circulation economic strategy, according to the foreign minister. Singapore has been the largest foreign investor in China in the past seven years, he said, adding that Singapore companies can continue to tap on the large and growing market in China, in areas where Singapore’s expertise best serves China’s domestic economy. “With our strong trade and logistics links to China, Singapore can be a base for Chinese companies to venture into Southeast Asia and beyond,” he said. Last year, Singapore and China celebrated the fifth anniversary of the China-Singapore (Chongqing) Connectivity Initiative (CCI), the third inter-governmental project between the two countries. The CCI-New International Land-Sea Trade Corridor (ILSTC), which connects the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and the overland Silk Road… Read full this story
- Can Taiwan's Silicon Shield Protect It against China's Aggression?
- US Builds Coordinated Approach on China as Top Officials Head to Asia
- Report: China Considering Foreign Booster Shot to Improve Efficacy of Its Vaccines
- Why Asia’s New Wave of Virus Cases Should Worry the World
- 'Zero Covid' economies like Singapore risk being left behind: EIU report
- China has new man for Afghanistan and plan to avoid civil war across border
- Duterte invokes 2016 fishing agreement with China
- Roundup: Mideast trip aims to boost friendship, cooperation, says Chinese FM
- Communist China is preparing to eat Joe Biden's lunch | Opinion
- China warning: Britain sending two warships to Asia after Beijing's nuke threat to Japan
Interview: Singapore welcomes China's interest in deepening economic cooperation with Asia-Pacific countries: FM have 310 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.