Today is Read Across America Day, a day dedicated to encouraging children to read that has traditionally been synonymous with the children’s author , Dr. Seuss. However, President Joe Biden may have broken an unofficial presidential tradition by omitting Dr. Seuss from his official proclamation to mark the day. The Claim Conservative voices have accused Biden of breaking with a tradition by not mentioning Seuss. A Fox News article shared more than 400,000 times on Facebook , said Biden had “erased” the author from Read Across America. Shortly after the president’s address, Republican California Governor candidate Errol Webber said “Biden has just removed Dr. Seuss.” The tweet has been like more than 1,000 times on Twitter . Others have echoed similar sentiments on social media. The Facts Read Across America Day was established by the National Education Association in 1998 and was originally synonymous with the children’s author Dr. Seuss, falling on his birthday on March 2. Former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush did not make any Read Across America Day proclamations. However, former President Barack Obama began a short-lived tradition by mentioning Dr. Seuss in each one of his Read Across America Day proclamations from 2009 until… Read full this story
- Nolte: Poll Shows Tara Reade Assault Allegation Damaged Joe Biden
- Donald Trump claims Joe Biden was a 'big unmasker' as Obama's VP revealed to have had Mike Flynn's name unmasked - then tears into 'sleazebags' and claims 'this was all Biden, we caught them'
- 'He said I want to f*** you.' Joe Biden's sex accuser now claims he made 'vulgar' comment to her during alleged assault - as she tells Megyn Kelly she wants him to withdraw from presidential race
- Joe Biden Says 'Women Should Be Believed' But Tara Reade Allegation 'Never Happened'
- Exclusive — Tara Reade’s Lawyer: If Joe Biden Does Not Remember Her, He Should ‘Open Up His Record’
- Joe Biden’s Spygate-Linked Top Aide Hoped for Resistance Within Trump’s Cabinet, ‘Purging’ Nationalists
- Three Times Joe Biden Was Reportedly Involved with the Russia Collusion Hoax
- Pollak: Joe Biden, Democrats Loved Obama’s Abuses of Presidential Power
- Nolte: PBS Uncovers More Alleged Victims of Joe Biden’s Unwanted Touching
- Joe Biden still doesn't have a campaign theme
Fact Check: Did Joe Biden Break a Dr. Seuss Tradition on Read Across America Day 2021? have 361 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.