The decision was made after a series of accidents occurred on Bao Loc, a pass located on Highway 20. Accordingly, Lam Dong People's Committee is set to spend VND26 billion ($1.12 million) to install 12 cameras at every bend and turn. The 10-kilometer Bao Loc Pass is an important route connecting the country’s southeastern region to Lam Dong's two towns, Da Lat and Bao Loc. While Da Lat is already a famous tourist destination, Bao Loc is both underrated and offbeat with a quiet and calm atmosphere, amazing waterfalls and many great tea and coffee farms. According to a representative of Lam Dong's traffic police department, installing the cameras would help police monitor careless and reckless driving – a main cause of accidents on the pass. “We are completing legal procedures and budget plans for work to start in May,” he stated. To reduce the number of increasing traffic accidents, Lam Dong People’s Committee urged patrols be strengthened and traffic police be deployed 24/7 at high-risk spots. According to the Traffic Safety Committee of Lam Dong, from Dec. 15, 2020 to the end of Feb. this year, the province recorded 36 accidents, up by 17 cases compared to the same… Read full this story
- Best dash cam 2020: 9 great car-ready cameras for peace of mind
- Did a Cycling App That Turns Casual Rides Into Time Trials Play a Role in the Central Park Bike Death?
- Central Park Five's Kevin Richardson Condemns Trump's 'Disgusting' George Floyd Rhetoric: 'We Will See Change'
- Traffic deaths jump by most since 1966, safety group says
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus camera review: Zooming into the future
- Delhi rains: Heavy downpour in capital and adjoining areas cripples traffic; IMD warns about more
- ScotRail train hit landslip and derailed, confirm accident investigators who reveal engine car slid on flooded line, careered into bridge then crashed down bank with another carriage
- Hundreds of innocents face being grabbed in the street by police as Scotland Yard admits new facial recognition system gives false alerts one in every thousand faces - as it introduces cameras to spot criminals in London's busiest public places
- The Gun-Control Movement Is Borrowing the Marriage-Equality Playbook — and Hoping for Similar Results
- Lights, camera, not much action: Hollywood slow to restart in a pandemic
Cameras hoped to reduce traffic accidents on Central Highlands pass have 366 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.