China and Iran, both under U.S. sanctions, signed a 25-year cooperation agreement Saturday, which will help Iran counter U.S. sanctions and increase Chinese influence in the region. The "Comprehensive Strategic Partnership" was inked at a Saturday afternoon meeting between Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and China's Foreign minister Wang Yi, who landed in Tehran Friday for a two-day visit as part of his Middle East trip, the Iranian state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported . Iran and China have been working on the accord since Chinese President Xi Jinping's 2016 visit to Iran, Al Jazeera reported . The countries also pledged to boost bilateral trade 10-times higher than current levels, up to $600 billion in the subsequent decade, according to the outlet. (RELATED: The Emerging China-Iran-Pakistan Alliance Is Directed DECIDEDLY Against The United States) Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif (L) meets with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi (R), in the capital Tehran, on March 27, 2021 . (Photo by -/AFP via Getty Images) Under the pact, which could increase Chinese influence in the Middle East while undermining American efforts to isolate Iran, China will invest $400 billion in the Iranian economy over 25 years in return for Iran… Read full this story
- 'Monster' uncle's 25-year jail term for 'grotesquely and cruelly' beating his niece, 16, to death and defiling her body will be reviewed after the Solicitor General deemed it 'too low'
- CIFI issues US$419 million senior notes at a coupon rate of 4.375% with a 6.25-year maturity
- ‘Setback for the Free World’: EU Trade Deal with Communist China Draws Harsh Criticism
- The Paris agreement five years on: is it strong enough to avert climate catastrophe?
- Why the Failed Turkish Coup is Very Bad News for the War on ISIS
- China-Africa Cooperation Prospers against Covid-19
- China-EU investment agreement to inject new life into global economic recovery
- Closer China-US Cooperation for a Better Future — What the World is Expecting amid Great Changes
- China violates border agreements with India, swears by 2003 pact on Tibet | Analysis
- Bad news for gamers: GPU prices expected to go up 25% due to Trump tariffs
‘Bad News For The Free World’: Iran, China Ink Cooperation Agreement For 25 Years have 343 words, post on dailycaller.com at March 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.