Accountability sought in e-commerce, illustration photo A draft decree amending 2013's Decree No.52/2013/ND-CP on e-commerce, which will see comments collected from businesses and consultant firms, has recently caused concern for e-commerce operators if the draft is adopted. Nguyen Chi Linh, representative of an e-commerce platform which is a subsidiary of the Chinese tech giant Alibaba Group, noted her criticisms to VIR about an adjusted article which orders a searching tool for state authorities to manage all information of their traders to check and inspect any violations or complaints. "This regulation is unnecessary and can seriously impact the convenience of traders. Even if traders do not violate or make any complaints, they don't want private information to be monitored by state management agencies. They could jump to other social platforms, and hamper e-commerce development," said Linh. She added that the platforms are assisting state management agencies in investigating illegal business acts, saying that providing registration information, transaction histories, and other documents on the issue on the e-commerce trading platform should be enough. In addition, new regulations related to joint responsibility on goods and services on the platforms has caused headaches for e-commerce operators. The draft decree has added responsibilities in Article… Read full this story
- Web gears up for 'political e-commerce'
- How a Cyber Cop Patrols the Underworld of Ecommerce
- GPL may be unenforceable under German law
- Trading on the edge
- Wal-Mart's IT Group Has Come a Long Way: Is India Next?
- The Growth of the Gig Economy: A Look at American Freelancers
- Steel giants with ties to Trump officials block tariff relief for hundreds of firms
- Why more U.S. states could legalize marijuana
- Biden’s farewell gift: Cancer moonshot helps pass $6.3 billion research bill
- Meet the CamperForce, Amazon's Nomadic Retiree Army
Accountability sought in e-commerce have 290 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.