* Republic of Korea’s exports during the first 20 days of February expanded 16.7% from a year earlier, faster than a 10.5% rise during the Jan. 1-20 period, underpinning the trade-led recovery. * Japan will only receive limited doses of vaccines for the first months of the rollout and shots for the elderly will be distributed gradually, the country’s inoculation chief said. * The Chinese mainland reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Sunday, the National Health Commission said Monday. The commission received reports of 11 new imported COVID-19 cases on Sunday. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland reached 89,842 by Sunday, including 401 patients still receiving treatment, two of whom were in severe conditions. * The Philippines has approved Sinovac Biotech’s vaccine for emergency use, while Malaysia moved up its inoculation drive by two days. * The United States faces a dark milestone this week despite a recent decline in COVID-19 cases as it prepares to mark a staggering half-million deaths, with President Joe Biden planning to memorialize the lives lost. * Russia on Monday reported 12,604 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, including 1,723 in Moscow, taking the national tally to… Read full this story
- Friday briefing: Eat out to help out budget blowout
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: Sept. 2-3
- Petraeus scandal: a readers' guide to the clandestine soap opera and its cast
- Why is Britney Spears back in the news? A guide to the upheaval surrounding the pop star
- ISIS Beatles WILL be tried in US over beheading of British and American captives in Syria after Supreme Court ends block on UK sharing vital evidence with America
- Donald Trump tweets claim that intelligence that Russia paid to kill U.S. troops is 'wishful thinking' as families of three Marines burned alive in attack which led to 'plot' being exposed demand 'justice'
- 'Why can't they give us until Sunday?' Fuming Britons scrambling to get back to the UK from Czech Republic and Switzerland blast 40 hours' notice which means they must return by 4am on Saturday or face quarantine
- A lesson in raw courage: It's a tale to horrify, humble and inspire you - the Pakistani schoolboy who survived the slaughter of 132 friends at the age of 14 and has now won a place at Oxford
- Coronavirus live updates: US death toll projected at 410,000 by January, as mask wearing declines
- Coronavirus live updates: SF’s 1st pandemic drive-in theater set to screen classics at Fort Mason
World News in Brief: February 22 have 396 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.