Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines are used in the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, to which Việt Nam is a recipient country. — AFP/VNA Photo HÀ NỘI — With the first COVID-19 vaccine doses slated to arrive in the country later this month, the Vietnamese health ministry has issued its initial vaccination rollout plan, including the priority groups to be given the jabs. The vaccines are from the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, created mainly to ensure supplies for developing countries. Việt Nam as an eligible recipient is set to receive 30 million doses throughout 2021. The 11 priority groups are identified based on the outbreak situation and given the current limited supply of vaccines in Việt Nam: medical workers; people in the anti-pandemic efforts (COVID-19 prevention and control steering committees of all levels, quarantine facility staff, reporters, etc.); diplomats, customs officers and people working entry and exit procedures; military personnel; public security forces; teachers; elders above 65 years old; essential workers (aviation, transport, tourism staff, utility workers, etc.); people with chronic health issues; people who want to study or work overseas; and people in virus-hit regions. The priority ranking is evaluated based on criteria such as areas where COVID-19 cases are present, areas with… Read full this story
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Ten threats to global health in 2019
- Ohio County First Responders, Others at High Risk To Get Hepatitis A Vaccine
- As Democrats take control in Albany, health care groups look to gain an edge
- New shingles vaccine hard to find amid national shortage
- Vaccine Studies Still Exclude Pregnant Women. That’s a Big Mistake.
- Low vaccine rates contributed to deadly flu season
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
- Florida Department of Health in Orange, Seminole to offer free hepatitis A vaccinations
- UPDATED: Department of Health in Central Florida to offer free hepatitis A vaccinations
VN's health ministry details COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan, lists priority groups to receive the shots have 317 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.