Developing renewable energy sources are a priority of the National Power Development Plan VIII. The Ministry of Industry and Trade has predicted that Vietnam will need an investment of US$320.6 billion for developing the national power industry in the 2021-2045 periods. Cat Tuong solar project in the southern province of Long An. Photo: Cat Tuong company It is a major content in the draft National Power Development Plan VIII (PDP VIII) for which the Institute of Energy under the Ministry of Industry and Trade is collecting feedback from the relevant agencies. Vietnam's electricity output is forecast to rise to 877 billion kWh by 2045 to meet the growing demand for economic expansion, according to the PDP VIII. By 2030, the power industry will need an investment of US$128.3 billion in building electricity generation and the power grid. The total investment in the 2031-2045 period will be some US$192.3 billion. Total installed capacity of electricity sources in Vietnam will reach 137.2GW by 2030, in which wind, solar and other renewable energies will make up the largest proportion (29%), followed by coal-fired thermal power (27%), gas thermal power (21%). Chart: Phi Nhat By 2045, the total installed capacity of power sources will… Read full this story
- Zimbabwe mines need $11 billion investment to modernise
- Government may privatise toll concessionaires, needs RM55 billion to take over all debt obligations
- We need to step up our RMG game
- Jointly built container port opens in Vietnam’s Haiphong
- Economic and social development created rubber industry benefits to the society
- Rice bran oil could equal big opportunities for Vietnam: experts
- Malawi: Extractive Industry Can Support Malawi Economy
- The power of data – what are our rights?
- Presidential war: After $16bn, where’s power? Buhari to Obasanjo
- Smart Home Healthcare Market Size Forecasted to Hit $30 Billion by 2023: P&S Market Research
Vietnam needs US$320.6-billion for power industry by 2045 have 290 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.