Thirty-five volunteers in Hanoi and 38 in southern Long An Province were divided into four groups for the second phase of human trials of Nanocovax, a Vietnamese Covid-19 vaccine produced by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC. Groups would be injected with placebos, as well as 25 microgram, 50 microgram and 75 microgram doses each. Volunteers would not know which type of shot they received. Following their shots, all volunteers would be monitored for 60 minutes. Afterwards, they would be medically monitored by local authorities at home. Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam visited the site Friday morning, saying Vietnam is doing its best to hasten progress for a Covid-19 vaccine while still ensuring the process adheres to the highest standards. Nhu, 36 and a teacher, was one of the first Covid-19 vaccine trial volunteers during the first phase commenced last year. She said her health so far has been very good, and she has formed a Facebook group to counsel those who wish to participate in the trial’s second phase. Nhu participated in the second phase Friday too. “I’m the evidence to prove the success of the trial vaccine, and I’m very proud,” she said. Dan, 63, said she had known… Read full this story
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the signs & symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
- Opinion: A Final Say could be on the horizon – here’s how we could get a second Brexit referendum
- Paul Massey murder trial told of Salford gangs and 'being labelled a grass'
- Regency Hotel murder trial of Patrick Hutch collapses a year after it began
- Paul Massey murder trial defendants face cross-examination
- Paul Massey murder trial jury begin deliberations
- New contraceptive patch worn for seconds ‘could prevent pregnancy for SIX MONTHS’
- Game-changing clinical trials for Ebola treatment in Congo
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for unity and announces second summit with Kim Jong-un
- Jailed in January: 19 Hull criminals who are now behind bars
Vietnam enters second phase of Covid-19 vaccine trials have 321 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.