Vietnam said people must always be placed at the center of all dialogues and trust-building measures in Myanmar. Vietnam's Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy has called on international efforts to assist Myanmar's democratic transition with an aim to ensure the people-centered approach. Vietnam's Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy calls for international support for Myanmar issues. Photo: Vietnam News Agency The support, including that from ASEAN, needs to respect the independence, sovereignty, and internal affairs of Myanmar while securing humanitarian access and essential services to local people, mostly vulnerable ones, Quy said at the United Nations General Assembly's informal meeting on Myanmar held on February 26. He urged stakeholders to exert restraint, avoid escalating tensions and seek dialogues towards satisfying solutions, which are in line with the constitution, laws and people's aspiration. He asked UN Special Envoy on Myanmar Christine Schraner Burgener and representatives of 50 members of the UN and eight regional organizations to coordinate with ASEAN in stabilizing the situation in Myanmar. Kyodo News has reported that Foreign Ministers of ASEAN member states will hold a special meeting on March 2 to discuss the situation in Myanmar. It would be the… Read full this story
- Increased focus on mental issues comes with call to action
- Sports Vietnam beat Malaysia at home to claim Suzuki Cup First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
- Sports Vietnam beat Malaysia at home to claim Suzuki Cup Olive tree skink hunting a good side job in southern Vietnam
- Sports Vietnam beat Malaysia at home to claim Suzuki Cup Overwhelming kindness is what we love about Vietnam: expats
- Sports Vietnam beat Malaysia at home to claim Suzuki Cup Look out, 2019!
- Sports Vietnam beat Malaysia at home to claim Suzuki Cup Ho Chi Minh City police launch special unit to combat street crime
- Hoops slam Flanagan call as embarrassing after Gers win appeal
- Vietnam win Mekong
- Vietnam welcomes ASEAN chair status
- Lifestyle Vietnam officially makes December 12 'Day of Pho' Vietnam, S.Korea sign agreement on joint TV program production
Vietnam calls joint action for Myanmar issues have 340 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.