The Tra Su cajeput forest covers over 800 hectares in Tinh Bien district, the Mekong Delta province of An Giang , just 150km from Ho Chi Minh City. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Tra Su cajeput forest covers over 800 hectares in Tinh Bien district, the Mekong Delta province of An Giang, just 150km from Ho Chi Minh City. Tra Su is a typical cajuput forest on the western part of the Hau River, a tributary of the Mekong. Waterways that cut through a forest of green melaleuca trees are a great way to reconnect with nature, breath in fresh air and listen to the sound of chirping birds, a world away from the noise and bustle of cities. The Tra Su forest is home to about 140 plant species, but the majority is cajeput trees. The most suitable time of the year to visit the cajeput forest is during the lotus season, between June and September and the flooding season, from October to November. Visitors can also enjoy watching locals harvest cajuput flower honey. During a tour, visitors travel by motorboat and switch to a rowing boat on reaching the heart of the forest. This is when they… Read full this story
- Enjoy a stunning river cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia on the Mekong Delta
- Conserving Brazil's 'green lung'
- Cameroon: Saving The Spirit Of The Forest
- Russian forest campaigners seek European help
- Hundreds of new species discovered in Greater Mekong region
- Los Padres despiden al mánager Andy Green
- Padres despiden al manager Andy Green
- Romania: The Fragile Danube Delta is Under Increasing Threat
- Oil spills keep devastating Niger Delta
- 100,000 deaths due to forest fires in Indonesia: study
Tra Su cajeput forest - 'The Green Lung' in Mekong Delta have 267 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.