SINGAPORE: After working as a tour guide for 10 years, Ms Jessie Seah's professional life took a drastic turn when the COVID-19 pandemic hit Singapore's shores last year. Unable to serve tourists anymore due to global travel restrictions that have halted most forms of tourism, Ms Seah, 48, has been working as a safe distancing ambassador in the past year. “At first, of course it hit me. I thought, 'Wow I am not going to be in tourism for the next few years?' It saddens me emotionally, mentally,” she said. Apart from the psychological impact, Ms Seah's income has also been reduced by 30 per cent. Fortunately, the impact of COVID-19 on livelihoods has been less devastating on some other Singaporeans, such as Mr Johnston Seah (no relation to Ms Seah). As far as Mr Seah is concerned, his job security is not under threat, and apart from the nationwide rules to curb the spread of the pandemic, it has been more or less business as usual for him. Mr Seah, 32, works in the finance department in a food and beverage (F&B) manufacturing plant. While his company's sales have been affected, it was still able to provide financial help to its staff…. Read full this story
- Tape Recovery - How Tape Works
- Economy Accommodation in Berlin and Travelling Trends in Europe - Key Trends For 2009
- Fly Coach in Comfort - And Find the Best Economy Class Flight to Travel
- What the News is Telling Us About Our Economic Recovery?
- Secrets to Survive If it is 2 Years Before the Economy Bottoms and Rebounds
- Dark Energy, Dark Matter and the Big Bang - LHC Experiments Are No Way to Go
- A New Economy in Internet Network Marketing
- Despite Economy Crisis, Jobs Are Still Available
- How to Thrive in the Current Economy
- Internet Network Marketing - An Economic Recovery Plan For Boomers and Seniors
The Big Read: Pummelled by COVID-19, Singapore's economy to begin K-shaped recovery with Budget 2021 have 313 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.