Passengers at the domestic terminal at Tân Sơn Nhất international airport in HCM City prior to the Lunar New Year. The country's busiest airport has been seriously overloaded both on the ground and in the air for years. VNS Photo Bồ Xuân Hiệp HCM CITY — The Ministry of Transport has approved the addition of a weather surveillance radar station to the detailed plan to expand HCM City's Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport to both the north and south to serve 50 million passengers per year by 2030. Under the adjusted plan, the Doppler Weather Radar station will be built on an area of 1,600 square metres to the north of the airport. A multi-storey car park will also be built, which will be connected to a new passenger terminal to be built soon. Under the plan, the airport will cover a total area of 791ha, an increase of 250ha compared to the existing airport area of 545ha. About 19ha of military defence land has been handed over for building aircraft parking aprons. The additional land of 250ha includes 18ha of additional national defence land, 35ha of land in the southern area, and 171ha of land in the northern area of the airport. An additional eight taxiways… Read full this story
- Elephant tusk and aloeswood seized at Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Baggage handler nabbed at airport for stealing passengers' phones
- Commencement date nears, but capital sources for Vietnam's giant Long Thanh airport still unclear
- Approaching control centre established at Cam Ranh airport
- Vietjet launches biggest-ever promotion to celebrate 100 millionth passenger
- Gatwick becomes first British airport to roll out facial recognition and allow passengers to board planes without checks
- Vietnam aviation market shows signs of slowing: Airports Corporation
- Asian Game 2018: Son Heung-min Vows To Progress Further After Asiad Gold
- Van Don Airport receives first international flight
- Poland's flights of fancy: Is a mega-airport coming?
Tân Sơn Nhất airport to serve 50m passengers a year by 2030 have 313 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.