South Korean Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun on Thursday ordered a revamp of social distancing guidelines in a bid to win greater public support for efforts to stop local transmission of the new coronavirus. The country’s five-tier social distancing system has faced a public backlash for imposing unfair restrictions and curfews on specific businesses, including a ban on indoor restaurant dining after 9 p.m. “Rather than introduce the guidelines unilaterally, we should make the virus prevention rules along with the public,” Chung told an intra-agency meeting on Thursday. Separately, health authorities warned on Thursday that a large fourth wave of infections caused by the more transmissible British and South African coronavirus variants cannot be ruled out. There have been 39 confirmed cases of those variants. While South Korea had initial success in containing the virus without drastic lockdowns, an incremental approach to social distancing and more rigid guidelines were criticised for leaving it scrambling to contain a third wave of transmissions. At the same time, however, hundreds of restaurant and cafe owners across the country complained about the impact of the bans on their businesses. Gym owners hurt by restrictions reopened in protest against strict social distancing rules, ahead of the… Read full this story
- Pitino, Duke, North Korea get mentions at UK Media Day
- South Carolina-Georgia kickoff time set for Williams-Brice showdown
- Arlington Heights wins nail-biter against South Hills
- Instant analysis: Who’s up, who’s down after UK’s 24-10 win over South Carolina
- Former Dolphins kneeler on national anthem rule change: 'My opinion doesn't matter'
- Fishing report for week of Sept. 19-25
- PM attends summit to enhance ASEAN solidarity
- Workington Man IS backing Boris Johnson: Poll finds Tories are on course to win the key Labour seat - seen as crucial to PM's hopes of victory
- Here are 68 thoughts and predictions to get you excited for the 2018-19 college basketball season
- Social media takes something fun and ruins it, the Minkah Fitzpatrick edition
South Korea PM orders revamp of COVID-19 social distancing rules have 317 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.