A worker of PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS) checks technical issues. Shares of GAS lost 1.5 per cent on Wednesday. — Photo courtesy of GAS Shares reversed after early gains in the morning session on Wednesday, with the market struggling for most of the trading time. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange lost 1.33 per cent to close at 1,162.01 points. The index had gained 0.22 per cent to end Tuesday’s session at 1,177.64 points. Nearly 603 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND15 trillion (US$652.2 million). Market breadth was negative with 93 gainers and 357 losers. "The VN-Index mainly struggled around the reference level Wednesday. Foreign investors were net sellers on both HSX and HNX," said BIDV Securities Co. "Market breadth turned to equilibrium with liquidity not much different from the previous session. "According to our assessment, the VN-Index is likely to continue fluctuating with a narrow range in the next session," it said. Foreign investors net sold VND700.07 billion on HOSE, including dairy firm Vinamilk (VNM) (VND106.4 billion), Vietinbank (CTG) (VND77.3 billion) and Hoa Phat Group (HPG) (VND69.4 billion). They were net sellers on the HNX with a value of VND5.92 billion…. Read full this story
- Cineworld bids $2.1 billion for Canadian rival cineplex
- Aussie ad guru Bill Muirhead admits ‘we didn't take gloves off enough’
- Time to pass and celebrate the US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- Breakingviews - Breakdown: What happens after the Brexit election?
- 'Boneheads' no more? Fed's rate cuts appear to defuse Trump's Twitter rage
- We DID it! Triumphant Boris Johnson hails biggest Conservative majority since the 1980s in victory speech as he declares Brexit is now settled and tells Remainers to 'finally put a sock in it'
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Risk on, risk off, repeat! US-China trade deal faces HK hurdle
- 'A pool in the basement is a clear marker of wealth': how the super-rich are digging down
- Nation playing crucial role on climate change
- The Hill's Morning Report - Busy week: Impeachment, Dem debate and USMCA
Shares reverse to fall after early gains have 324 words, post on bizhub.vn at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.