The amount of drugs included 34.3 kilograms of heroin, 142 kilograms of MDMA, five kilograms of ketamine and over 100,000 ecstasy pills. The arrests came following a massive crackdown on three different rings in several districts of HCMC from late January until early February, police told the press Monday. The drugs were smuggled from Cambodia. Police are expanding their investigation. At the end of last month, police caught a group of drug traffickers in District 12 illegally transporting 4.6 kilograms of heroin. Searching a nearby warehouse, officers found a large amount of additional narcotics hidden in bags of old clothes. Simultaneously, police also busted two other rings, raiding dozens of locations in Districts 5, 10, Binh Thanh and Tan Binh. HCMC has been a transit hub for drugs trafficked from the Golden Triangle, police have reported. From here, the hauls are typically taken to Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia, South Korea and even Europe, Australia and Latin America. Vietnam has some of the world's toughest drug laws. Those convicted of possessing or smuggling more than 600 grams of heroin or over 2.5 kilograms of methamphetamine face death.
- $120M in counterfeit designer cosmetics seized in China
- Vancouver youth allegedly posts 'hit list' on Facebook, gets arrested
- Silk Road Copycat: Five Men Arrested In Dutch Crackdown
- County lines drug dealer busted by police
- Police across the globe crackdown on darknet marketplaces
- FBI Busts Operator of Silk Road, Seizes $3.6M in Bitcoins
- Operation Onymous: 17 Arrested And Seized $1M Bitcoins And 414 Tor Domains
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest: The Young Man's Heartstopper
- Marreese Speights Arrested In Tampa For DUI
- Instagram Drug Dealers Busted By Feds After Recklessly Showing Off on Social Media
Seven arrested as HCMC police seize 217 kg of drugs have 259 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.