The man, 49, tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus at random at Thanh Vu Polyclinic in Bac Lieu city,. The patient lives in Soc Trang province, another Mekong Delta locality in southern Vietnam. On February 27 he travelled to Bac Lieu city together with six neighbours, seeking a job at a wind farm there. A farm employee took him to Thanh Vu Polyclinic for COVID-19 testing and it came to the man as a surprise that he has carried the virus. The source of infection is still unknown, said doctors. Local authorities immediately isolated the man and his neighbours, and quickly conducted field investigations to early detect and quarantine other suspect cases. The provincial Centre for Disease Control transferred the man's sample to Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute for confirmation. If the result is confirmed, Bac Lieu is the 14th locality that has reported the emergence of the virus in Vietnam. Other 13 coronavirus hit cities and provinces are Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Gia Lai, Binh Duong, Bac Ninh, Hai Phong, Dien Bien, Hung Yen, Hoa Binh, Bac Giang and Ha Giang.
- Economic implications of SARS mount
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- African swine fever: the deadly virus that has landed on Australia's doorstep
- SARS sends HP workers home in Canada
- Diverged deposit rates in Vietnam’s banking system to persist in next 6 months
- Vietnam considers more pork imports as prices surge
- BUSINESS NEWS 30/4
- Scientists Were Hunting for the Next Ebola. Now the U.S. Has Cut Off Their Funding.
- Tech firms respond to Asia disease scare
- A bird flu resource guide
SARS-CoV-2 virus spreads to 14th locality in Vietnam have 260 words, post on vov.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.