Following is the full text of the Prime Minister's remarks. Mr. President, I applaud the initiative of the UK Government and yourself, Mr. President, to host this important UNSC open debate on "Addressing climate-related risks to international peace and security". I would like to thank UN Secretary General António Guterres and Chair of the UN Youth Advisory Group Nisreen Elsaim for your insightful and substantive information and recommendations. Mr. President, Earth – our blue planet, and our shared home – is suffering from grievous impacts of climate change. 2020 was one of the three hottest years in modern history, and was faced with the constant and severe aftermaths of floods, droughts, bushfires, rising sea level, and the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak. Such calamities have placed great burdens on the political and socio-economic life of many countries. They have caused unemployment and poverty, affected the livelihood of hundreds of millions of people, and risked creating instabilities or exacerbating present conflicts in many countries and regions, thus threatening international peace and security. In addition, conflicts and instabilities would further erode countries' resilience, and rob them of valuable resources that could have been utilized to overcome the challenges of climate change. Therefore, I propose… Read full this story
- A pressing need for a coherent UNSC approach to Libya
- POLITICO Playbook PM: What’s going on with Pence?
- Shinzo Abe's 'unprecedented' international agenda
- What the Paris climate deal means for Southeast Asia
- EU divisions over Russia mount as France, Germany seek peace in Ukraine
- India to ratify climate pact, but can it reduce CO2 emissions?
- 'A new genocide:' Colombia's peace deal ushers in fresh violence
- 'Stormy international politics' dominate G7 talks
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Trump’s silence on the West Bank
- Myanmar media facing 'climate of fear' ahead of elections
Remarks by PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc at UNSC meeting on addressing climate-related risks to international peace, security have 292 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.