Many new tourism products were launched and promotional campaigns implemented. However, the resurgence of the epidemic caused the cancellation of many tours. The sector continues to be suffering from a failed “season”. After each outbreak of the epidemic was controlled, the tourism sector could not restart like many other types of production and services could. In order to attract customers, localities, travel agencies and carriers had to stimulate demand with the development of new tourism products and the implementation of promotional campaigns and discounts. These activities require major investment. Unfortunately, whenever the number of tourists increased again and the new tourism products were launched, the epidemic "came back". The investment and efforts to implement the stimulus campaigns have been fruitless as a result. For example, after the first wave of COVID-19 was controlled successfully, domestic tourism activities were active again for about two months. In late July 2020, the epidemic reappeared with its epicenter in Da Nang. The whole tourism sector came to a standstill. When the second wave of the epidemic had just calmed down at the end of 2020, localities and enterprises poured money in to develop and promote products, especially for Tet holiday and the spring season…. Read full this story
- Vietnam’s tourism sector aims for sustainable development
- Does Colombia need a tourism ministry?
- One-on-One: As $14.5B Tourism Sector Grows, Kentuckians Are Main Beneficiaries
- South Africa: Tourism Holding Steady
- East Anglian tourism businesses still investing despite financial pressures, survey finds
- Qatar hospitality sector ranks top in Middle East
- World Tourism Day 2013 - promoting tourism’s role in water preservation
- Viet Nam plans new measures to attract tourists in the coming year
- World Tourism Day 2013: 'Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future'
- Henfield says competitive forces, natural disasters, are among factors impacting Caribbean Tourism
Measures to support tourism sector have 290 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.