A lost political battle didn’t automatically mean that this failure was meaningless. It was undoubtedly clear from the outset the Democrats in the US Congress couldn’t successfully impeach the former president Donald Trump. At this second impeachment against him, they certainly would get some Republican senators into their side but surely not enough to have one other result as at the first one. That was why Trump’s acquittal was no surprise, again. The US President Joe Biden. Photo: Sputnik But anyway, seven Republican senators, six more than at the first impeachment against Trump, voted with the 50 Democrat senators for the impeachment. This fact was as noteworthy as the remark after the Senate vote by the Republican minority leader Mitch McConnell claiming that Trump should not be convicted but bear his practical and moral responsibility for the attack on the Capitol on January 6. At the first glance, Trump’s second acquittal was a win for Trump himself and his supporters in the Congress as well as in the US and a lost battle for the Democrat. It would reserve chances and ways for Trump to be politically active after having left the White House, especially to continue to dominate the… Read full this story
- After years of success, how did it all go wrong for Virgin Australia?
- Australia Vs Pakistan, Day-Night Test: Lyon, Warner, Labuschagne star in emphatic Aussie win; hosts clean sweep series
- How big tobacco lost its final fight for hearts, lungs and minds
- Obamacare Was a Political Success
- England vs Australia live cricket score and updates, ENG vs AUS The Ashes 2019, 1st Test, Day 5: Smith, Lyon star as Australia beat England by 251 runs to win at Edgbaston
- I wrote SSCE 17 times because I wanted to pass without cheating – Corps member
- Gordon Brown: better at this than you'd think
- He built the dome. Fortunately he didn't choose the colour
- Has Boris Johnson made a calculated gamble to ignore LGBT voters?
- Jeremy Thorpe obituary
Lost within win, success within failure have 320 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.