Long jumper Nguyễn Tiến Trọng sets up a new record of 7.98m at the National Athletics Championships in 2019 in HCM City. Photo courtesy of Nguyễn Tiến Trọng By Thanh Hà "It is two centimetres. "Just only two centimetres. "I will make two centimetres this jump." Nguyễn Tiến Trọng thinks about this tiny distance every day in training. If the long jumper can add the small distance to his personal best, he will become the first Vietnamese athlete to jump 8m and prove he belongs on the world stage. National record holder Born in 1997 in Cẩm Giàng District, Hải Dương Province, Trọng was taller and bigger than any of his friends at school. He was chosen to take part in the provincial track-and-field competitions where he caught the eyes of the Military team's scouts. He became an athlete when he was 13. "I am the only one in the family as well as the district pursuing sport. So I think it is a fate that I am 'engaged' with athletics," Trọng told Việt Nam News . "My height was an advantage when I participated in different school events. I was offered to join basketball and martial arts clubs but athletics is… Read full this story
- VR at E3 2016: Virtual reality still has a long way to go
- The edible drone that aims to deliver food, not bombs
- Surface tension: The long, strange history of the Windows tablet
- Australian government promises national space agency
- The promise and challenges of Benioff's social enterprise vision
- Federal opposition promises AU$35m Australian Space Program
- Is This The Shape Of Russia's Next Generation Long-Range Bomber?
- Nvidia aims to extend its lead in AI
- 99designs buys LogoChef, aims for Portuguese design domination
- Anatomy of a malware attack: the complete Mac Defender timeline
Long jumper Trọng aims to complete eight-metre promise have 314 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.