Jean-Pierre Lacroix, UN Under-Secretary-General for Peace Operations, told the conference that the Central African Republic has continued to suffer from violence despite the announcement of the official result of the presidential election in December 2020. Citing important progress in recent weeks in combating the armed coalition group known as Coalition des Patriotes pour le Changement, he said the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) is providing security to thousands of internally displaced persons, while also supporting efforts to safeguard the democratic order. The Central African Republic has now become the most dangerous place for humanitarian work, with over 46 percent of worldwide incidents registered by international non-governmental organisations reported in the country. In his speech, Quy said Vietnam backs the recent efforts of the UN as well as of regional and subregional organisations, including the African Union, the Economic Community of Central African States, and the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region, to support the Central African Republic. He took the occasion to urge all concerned parties to resolve differences in a peaceful manner. This effort towards political stability and reconciliation must go hand in hand with the promotion of trust and confidence,… Read full this story
- World View: Suspicions Grow About Russia’s Wagner PMC Group in Central African Republic
- World View: Muslim vs. Catholic Violence Surges Again in Central African Republic
- What is a diplomat, is Boris Becker a Central African Republic diplomat, how do you become one and what’s the salary?
- U.S. Reacts to Central African Republic Conflict
- U.S. Sanctions Individuals in Central African Republic
- African protesters leave corpses in front of the United Nations following clash
- 'Notified Order' Issued Under Extradition Act Can Be Given Retrospective Effect: Delhi HC [Read Judgment]
- Dominican Republic Breaks with Taiwan, Moves into China’s Orbit After $3 Billion Payoff
- Uganda Cleared to Import Trial Ebola Drugs amid Fresh Outbreak
- Kerala Flood Relief : HC Issues Directions To Ease Customs Clearance For Imported Goods [Read Order]
Int'l assistance important to Central African Republic issues: Ambassador have 324 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.