The HCMC Department of Transport shared that the city aims at possessing a multi-means public transport system, including 8 metro lines, 3 tram lines, 6 bus rapid transit lines (BRT), and 200 regular bus lines, in order to meet the traveling demands of the community. Due to the dense population in HCMC, leading to the large number of private vehicles, urban traffic at the moment has to shoulder a heavy burden, and the average velocity of vehicles in the downtown is just 20-25km per hour. To tackle this problem, the municipal authorities have adjusted the planning of the urban transport system to implement the Transit Oriented Development (TOD) model. This model maximizes the link between residential, business, manufacturing areas and the existing public transport system. HCMC is going to apply this model along Metro Line No.1 (from Ben Thanh in the downtown to Suoi Tien in Thu Duc City), Metro Line No.2 (the first phase: Ben Thanh – Tham Luong in District 12; the second phase: Tham Luong – Cu Chi District) and Metro Line No.5 (the first phase Bay Hien Intersection in Tan Binh District – Sai Gon Bridge; the second phase: Can Giuoc Coach Station in Long An… Read full this story
- HCMC People’s Council urges speedy resolution of Thu Thiem area dispute
- Critical Covid-19 patient virus free, remains on life support
- Hanoi needs vision on development path
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 23
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
- 'I want to be a good British citizen': London Bridge terrorist's grovelling prison letter - before he was AUTOMATICALLY freed early after seven years for Mumbai-style plot despite his trial judge saying he should NEVER be released
- Back to Benidorm in JULY! Spanish PM tells tourists 'we're waiting for you' as he vows to 'safely' reopen hotspots ahead of more lockdown easing on Monday - but will anyone travel due to UK's 14-day quarantine rule?
- The future of McDonald's: £25 limit per car at drive-thrus , plastic screens at counters and staff getting daily temperature checks - as fast food giant announces 975 branches will reopen next week
- It's a Steak Bake out! Hungry Greggs fans queue up after Newcastle branch reopens - while chain announces 800 shops will be up and running in June but locations WON'T be revealed over fears customers will bombard bakeries
HCMC to pilot bus priority lane have 373 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.