Great power comes from a small grain of rice On January 26, Vinaseed’s shipment of 60 tonnes of premium fragrant rice, imported by Longdan in the UK, hit the shelves of the supermarket chain with a retail price of up to £15.5 (VND465,000) per 10 kg. Longdan is the first enterprise to import rice from Vietnam after the UK – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA) took effect. In the near future, there will be many enterprises importing Vietnamese rice under the agreement. Previously, on January 13, the first batch of 1,600 tonnes of rice, opening the 2021 export season of the Trung An Hi-tech Farming Joint Stock Company, was sent to Singapore and Malaysia at a price that could not be better, of up to US$750 per tonne. Pham Thai Binh, Director General of Trung An Hi-Tech Farming JSC, said the two types of rice exported in the shipment were Jasmine 85 fragrant rice and Huong Lai fragrant rice; of which, 450 tonnes of Jasmine 85 went to Singapore at US$680 per tonne and 1,150 tonnes of Huong Lai fragrant rice delivered to customers in Malaysia for US$750 a tonne. In addition to the above shipment, Trung An JSC also… Read full this story
- Central banks can't save the world from climate change, BIS says
- Why buying a new office printer might help save the world
- US video game spending fell 13% in 2019, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare best-selling title: NPD Group
- Can big investors save the world?
- It’s a no-grainer: Time for Việt Nam to create a rice brand
- Mao Dien rolled rice pancake – special treat for visitors to Bac Ninh
- 'Hunger Games' prequel draws flak for 'humanizing' evil tyrant President Snow
- Reckless farming is destroying the planet. This could save it
- Hitler’s world may not be so far away
- —The world’s “best board game” gets better
From saving hunger to world’s best rice title have 293 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.