Developed by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC and the Military Medical University, Nanocovax is Vietnam’s first COVID-19 vaccine to reach the human trial stage. The 35 volunteers were chosen among about 300 people who registered to participate in the second-stage trial of the vaccine at the University after undergoing rigorous medical examinations. They are divided into three groups for receiving three different doses of 25mcg, 50mcg and 75mcg, and one group with five people getting placebo. According to a representative from the University, a total 560 volunteers, aged 18-60, including those with several diseases such as hypertension, dyslipidemia and diabetes, among others, will participate in the second-stage trial, which is carried out in Hanoi and the Mekong Delta province of Long An. Lieutenant-General Do Quyet, Director of the Military Medical University, said since the trial sees the participation of volunteers with underlying health conditions, competent authorities have been prepared for all scenarios and ensure safety for all volunteers. Results of the trial will be announced in May 2021 before preparing for the third-stage trial during which only one single shot of the vaccine will be administered to 10,000-15,000 people from both domestic and foreign pandemic-hit regions, Quyet added. Present at… Read full this story
- OncBioMune Phase 2 Clinical Trial to Begin Enrollment; Company Announces Other Developments and Corporate Milestones
- OncBioMune Advancing ProscaVax Towards Second Phase 2 Clinical Trial for Prostate Cancer with Protocol Submission to FDA
- Inside an abandoned funeral home: A hidden compartment, a casket
- 10 Horrifying Halloween Home Decor Fails: Don't Try This at Home!
- Parents of Fully-vaccinated Children with Cancer Want Answers to the Question:“Is There a Vaccine/Cancer Connection?
- Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI) and Influenza are NOT the Same Implications for Seasonal Vaccinations
- High demand for new shingles vaccine leads to shortfall
- Hemostemix Announces Three Additional Sites Enrolled in Phase II Clinical Trial
- Diabetes: First Patients Receive 'Ground-breaking' Drug That Could Regrow Crucial Insulin-producing Cells
- Cytokinetics Unveils Expanded Development Pipeline and Provides Key Updates on Late-Stage Clinical Research Programs at R&D Day
First 35 volunteers receive injections of home-grown COVID-19 vaccine in second-stage trial have 326 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.