Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto —INQUIRER FILE PHOTO MANILA, Philippines — Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto has a simple message for the Philippines after being cited by the US State Department as an anti-corruption champion: "Denormalize" corruption. "Thank you to the US Department of State for this recognition. But more than the recognition, I hope this helps raise awareness. If we want better long-term governance, we need to fight corruption. We have to denormalize it, get it out of our culture," Sotto said in a tweet on Wednesday night, hours after he was announced as one of the 12 recipients of the US State Department's International Anti-Corruption Champion Award . Thank you to the U.S. Department of State for this recognition. But more than the recognition, I hope this helps raise awareness. If we want better long-term governance, we need to fight corruption. We have to denormalize it, get it out of our culture. https://t.co/aeMUz3VFKd — Vico Sotto (@VicoSotto) February 24, 2021 Sotto, touted as a part of the new breed of Filipino politicians, was cited for his efforts in cleaning his city despite not even completing his first term yet. According to the US State Department, the award is given… Read full this story
- Senate reso commends Vico Sotto after US gov’t hails him ‘anti-corrupt champ’
- Senators extol Vico Sotto after US recognition as ‘anti-corruption champ’
- Proud mom Coney Reyes hopes int’l anticorruption champ Vico Sotto will inspire the youth
- Vico Sotto named ‘anti-corruption champion’ by US state department
- Senators rib Vico Sotto over love life
- Anjali Bharadwaj among 12 people named by Biden admin for newly-instituted anti-corruption award
- Who will get the coveted CBI chief's job?
- Citizens’ acceptance of corruption keeps the cycle going, research indicates
- Mike Pompeo Rejects 'Corrupt' WHO Findings That COVID Didn't Originate in Wuhan Lab
- U.S. anti-corruption award for RTI activist
‘Denormalize corruption,’ says Vico Sotto after getting US State Department award have 307 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.