The man, 49, tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus at random at Thanh Vu Polyclinic in Bac Lieu city,. The patient lives in Soc Trang province, another Mekong Delta locality in southern Vietnam. On February 27 he travelled to Bac Lieu city together with six neighbours, seeking a job at a wind farm there. A farm employee took him to Thanh Vu Polyclinic for COVID-19 testing and it came to the man as a surprise that he has carried the virus. The source of infection is still unknown, said doctors. Local authorities immediately isolated the man and his neighbours, and quickly conducted field investigations to early detect and quarantine other suspect cases. The provincial Centre for Disease Control transferred the man's sample to Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute for confirmation. If the result is confirmed, Bac Lieu is the 14th locality that has reported the emergence of the virus in Vietnam. Other 13 coronavirus hit cities and provinces are Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Gia Lai, Binh Duong, Bac Ninh, Hai Phong, Dien Bien, Hung Yen, Hoa Binh, Bac Giang and Ha Giang.
- Mekong Delta undergoing agriculture transformation
- Mekong Delta localities urged to work harder to complete yearly targets
- Border jumpers from Cambodia using waterways face quarantine in Mekong Delta
- Vietnam PM consents to accepting S.Korean ODA for key Mekong Delta road
- Kim Jong Un calls for prevention efforts against coronavirus, looming typhoon: Reports
- Vietnam’s Mekong Delta is sinking: study
- Suspected case of bubonic plague in western Mongolia tests negative
- Mongolia reports 3 more suspected cases of bubonic plague
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported in Vietnam
- Two more Covid-19 cases reported in Vietnam, totalling 964
Coronavirus suspect case reported in Mekong Delta province have 270 words, post on vov.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.