Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh early this week stated at the high-level segment of the 46 th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council, with its big achievements in ensuring human rights and desiring to further contribute to joint efforts in protecting and promoting human rights in the world, Vietnam presented its candidature for membership of the Human Rights Council for the 2023-2025 term. "We are honoured to have been endorsed as the ASEAN candidate for this position and are looking forward to the support from UN member states," Minh said. If Vietnam's proposal is adopted, it will mark another milestone for the country's further engagement and contributions to the international community, which is now particularly hurt by the COVID-19 pandemic and straining public health and social security systems of all countries. Vietnam is running for a seat on the United Nations Human Rights Council "As Secretary-General Guterres put it, the pandemic has been 'triggering and exacerbating various human rights challenges'," Minh said. "This should not, however, be a cause for despair. We can already see rays of hope. The world is moving towards a 'new normal'." The global economy is seeing signs… Read full this story
- North Korea: We Are Setting a ‘Good Example’ on Human Rights with ‘Politics of Love’
- China: Harvey Weinstein and ‘American-Style Democracy’ Biggest Human Rights Threats in U.S.
- United Nations summit seeks to save humanity with artificial intelligence
- UN Security Council delegation visiting Myanmar’s volatile state
- Seven Crises John Bolton Faces on Day One as National Security Adviser
- Trump Era Brings Home 14 Unjustly Detained Americans and Counting
- Trump Says He Wants Skilled Migrants But Creates New Hurdles
- Autonomous Weapons Would Take Warfare To A New Domain, Without Humans
- How to build a human brain
- Airbnb’s new plan to bring sustainable tourism to Bay Area and beyond
Bringing skills of Vietnam to United Nations Human Rights Council discourse have 318 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.