The Hanoitimes – Although the ingredients to make this addicting dish sound fairly simple: ripe bananas, sugar, flour, turmeric powder, making banh chuoi requires the exceptional skills of a master artisan. For a lot of Hanoians, banh chuoi (deep-fried banana) is the nostalgic food of childhood. Many of us would savor these crispy, slightly sweet snacks on the sidewalks as an after-school snack, or as a treat to send away the cold. Street food stalls selling deep-fried bananas are ubiquitous in Hanoi. You can find them pretty much anywhere, but do keep in mind that they are open only in the afternoon. It makes a lot of sense actually, since rarely anyone wants something heavy and greasy in the morning. A set of deep-fried bananas, along with sweet potato pancakes and corn pancakes. Photo: Thuy An. Although the ingredients to make this addicting dish sound fairly simple: ripe bananas, sugar, flour, turmeric powder, making banh chuoi requires the exceptional skills of a master artisan. It's not easy to achieve the golden ratio of the batter to produce a crunchy, delightful texture. And it's equally tough to master the art of deep frying. After trying various food stalls, let me introduce… Read full this story
- ‘A part of my childhood is over.’ Take one last look as Toys ’R‘ Us closes doors
- I tried cheeseburgers from 4 fast-food chains and there was a clear winner
- Baby Food Companies Market Their Junk Food Instead Of Their Healthy Alternatives
- NWI Business Ins and Outs: Several new stores open at Southlake Mall
- Merrillville's violence-stricken Rain Ultra Club to be razed, replaced with hotel
- NWI Business Ins and Outs: Ryan's Irish Pub closes, coffees shops and permanent makeup studio opening
- Why are former Toys R Us workers planning to protest CalSTRS’ investments of hedge funds?
- I met the best chef in the world — and the story behind his most iconic dish is surprisingly relatable
- How Cereal Fanatics Talked General Mills Into Bringing Back French Toast Crunch
- Watching nostalgia TV has psychological benefits, experts say
Bánh Chuoi – The Nostalgic Food of Childhood have 333 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.