Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) Bac Lieu (VNA) – The Mekong Delta province of Bac Lieu has adopted a wide range of measures to raise awareness and legal understanding among local fishermen about preventing and fighting illegal fishing . The provincial fisheries industry has witnessed strong development over recent years, contributing significantly to increasing incomes for fishermen. But legal violations in fishing activities remain common. According to Tran Xi Khuol, Deputy Director of the provincial Department of Fisheries, fishing has been considered a key economic sector of Bac Lieu for many years. But problems linger, such as illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing, especially fishing without permits, a lack of safety equipment on fishing vessels, and fishing reports not being submitted in line with regulations. Though patrols have been carried out regularly, violations have not been handled thoroughly, Khuol said. The main cause of the situation is that fishermen do not fully understand the 2017 Law on Fisheries, he believed. Local authorities have promoted communications activities to raise public awareness about the law, relevant legal documents, and technical measures, helping local fishermen comply with the law and contributing to preserving, managing, and utilising aquatic resources sustainably. The provincial People's Committee has… Read full this story
- How to fight illegal fishing
- Deputy PM directs fighting illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing
- Assassins Muay Thai heavyweight ready to work hard for win
- Fly Fishing Shock Tactics
- How To Play And Land Your Fish (Part Four - Light Tackle)
- The fight to bring a deadly illegal industry to justice
- Ships are illegally dumping plastic trash at sea, study suggests
- When police misconduct occurs, records often stay secret. One mom's fight to change that.
- Night Fishing Preparation
- The invisible women of Europe's fishing industry
Bac Lieu working hard to fight illegal fishing have 281 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.