The candidate vaccine is being developed by the MoH's Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC). Speaking at the handover ceremony, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long spoke highly of the support of enterprises, organizations and individuals for Vietnam's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The first "Made-in-Vietnam" ventilators were produced under the collaboration of the ministry and Vingroup, he noted, adding that the machines have been provided to localities nationwide. Vietnamese scientists have regarded vaccine development as the key factor to contain the pandemic, and the MoH has spared no efforts in the research for vaccine in order to be able to produce the vaccine as soon as possible. The COVIVAC vaccine project has been rolled out since May 2020. Results of pre-clinical trials affirmed its safety and efficiency, and the IVAC has been able to produce three batches of vaccine consisting between 50,000 and 10,000 doses each. Clinical trials of the vaccines are projected to start this March and complete by October, said IVAC Director Dr Duong Huu Thai. A dose may cost no higher than 60,000 VND and the vaccine is effective against emerging coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 variants originated from the UK and South Africa, he affirmed. Meanwhile, the… Read full this story
- German AIDS Foundation hosts 8th charity opera gala in Bonn
- Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany'
- What's the future of homegrown social networking sites?
- Vaccination is the best way to stop cervical cancer
- Anti-Vaccine Movement: Religious Objections, Once Rampant Across the Country, Suddenly Plateau
- Teen who defied mom to get vaccinated calls for anti-vaccine misinformation to stop
- Rollout of Johnson & Johnson Ebola vaccine begins in Congo
- Vaccine for the H7N9 Bird Flu: How Will We Know It Works?
- Russian Vaccine Against Ebola in Advanced Stages of Clinical Trials
- Why Soccer Aid for Unicef 2019 will mean children everywhere can enjoy their right to play
Aid offered for development of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine have 314 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.