Prof. Dr. Andreas Stoffers – Country director, Vietnam The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom The United Kingdom is an important trading partner of Vietnam. In 2020, trade turnover between the two countries amounted to $6.6 billion. With $5.8 billion in exports, Vietnam's trade balance was clearly positive, which also underlines the country's strong interest in reaching an amicable agreement with the UK. In recent years, despite the uncertainties associated with Brexit, the growth of trade relations has been unbroken, averaging 12.1 per cent per annum in 2011-2019. The trade relations between the EU and Vietnam are naturally greater given the fact that the EU is the world's largest market. In 2019, the EU was the second-most important overseas market for Vietnamese products with a total trade volume of $56.45 billion, of which Vietnam's exports accounted for two-thirds ($41.55 billion). This is 16 per cent of the country's total export volume. In 2020, exports to the EU increased to $34.8 billion, and imports to $14.5 billion. Vietnam benefits significantly more from bilateral economic relations than the EU. The continuous surplus Vietnam enjoys in its bilateral trade relations with the EU has been instrumental in offsetting Vietnam's huge trade deficits with China… Read full this story
- UK, EU, And US Authorities To Investigate Facebook Over Cambridge Analytica 'Leak' (Updated)
- Lords inflict another major Brexit defeat on Theresa May as they back ‘meaningful vote’ on EU deal
- Brexit court defeat for UK government
- Brexit: Campaigner Gina Miller threatens no deal court battle
- Britain and EU clash over status of Gibraltar under transition deal
- Brexit: French officials dismiss UK fears of Calais 'go-slow'
- Brexit: Philip Hammond warns UK will lose control in no-deal scenario
- 11 Things You Should Know About Iran Sanctions Now That Nuke Deal Is Dead
- Trump to Withdraw US From Iran Nuclear Deal: Sources
- The facts about EU trade policy lost in the Brexit kerfuffle
Added trade potential for Vietnam with UK-EU deals have 306 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.