(This story was first published in The Economic Times on Dec 31 2020) After a year that upended everything, from economy to eating out, that saw China flexing muscles despite being the coronavirus host, BJP winning elections in spite of a recession, Ambani raising oceans of capital never mind lockdowns, and Trump losing US elections, how might 2021 be? Here’s our take, letter by letter, on everyone and everything that may define next year. AAmbani: In 2011, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries was a petrochemical and refining business. In 2021, it will look like a retail and telecom player with large legacy petchem and refining businesses. All thanks to Jio’s stunning rise and the slew of deals that Ambani stitched together in 2020. So, will 2021 see Jio IPO both here and abroad? And will there be a retail IPO as well? There is already a buzz about new launches in Jio and some consumer product initiatives. Will Jio expand its offering to include new products, an Indian version of PlayStation maybe? And will Reliance Retail’s ecommerce take off in a big way? If you are a betting man, it may not be wise to bet against Ambani in 2021. `loan-repay-gety… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Schoolboys may repeat final year if 1st XV cannot be played
- You can pre-order this new Mass Effect Trilogy art book now
- Batman's 'Joker War' opens up a "new era of storytelling" in Gotham City
- Agenda 2050: A new thinking with citizen participation and inclusion
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series Revealed: Big Power, Bigger Wing
- New Nissan, Nismo Logos Revealed With Flatter Design
- Browns sign Myles Garrett to 5-year, $125 million extension
- Browns sign Garrett to 5-year, $125 million extension
- If Apple announces a move to Arm, should you still buy a new Intel-based iMac?
- WGA West President David A. Goodman Talks New Film & TV Deal And Agency Franchise Agreement With UTA
What will define the New Year: Here's A to Z of 2021 have 302 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at January 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.