While the Covid-19 pandemic further exposes Vietnam's shortcomings from its highly dependence on both the global supply and demand sides, it is also a golden opportunity for the country to narrow development gap with regional peers. The capital inflows from multinationals into Vietnam and a strong base of supporting industries would help Vietnam further integrate into global supply and production chains. Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh. Photo: Nhat Bac. Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh made the statement at the third working day of the 13 th National Party Congress on January 28. "The development of the industrial sector at a time when Vietnam opens its door to the world has been key in cement the country's role in the global production and value chains," Mr. Tuan Anh noted. The UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)'s Competitive Industrial Performance Index 2019 revealed Vietnam ranked 42 globally, up 16 places from the 58 th in 2009. This put Vietnam among countries in ASEAN with the strongest progress and stayed close to the Philippines at 5 th with a narrow margin of 0.0015 points. In the 2011-20 period, industrial sector saw the fastest growing rate among economic components… Read full this story
- Companies failing to monitor data across supply chain
- Kordsa buys two US firms, eyeing growth in aviation industry supply chain
- RenewableUK chief executive praises North East supply chain on visit to Blyth's Osbit
- Domino's feels the heat over tensions with franchisees amid rising supply chain costs
- President Aliyev: Non-Aligned Movement plays important role in stability, security and peace in world [UPDATE]
- German Funds Play Central Role in Commercial Real Estate Investment Market
- 'To understand the real threat of trade wars to the global economy, it's time we take Trump seriously'
- IMF warns of rising risks to global growth amid trade tensions
- IMF warns of 'plateauing' global growth threatened by trade disputes
- Manufacturing activity weakens to lowest level in a year over first quarter
Vietnam aims to play active role in global supply chain have 318 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.