The ASEAN-wide competition seeks ways to tackle plastic pollution in the region, where is having the largest contributors of marine plastic. The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) has devoted its efforts to a competition aiming to end plastic pollution across Southeast Asia. UNDP Vietnam Resident Representative Caitlin Wiesen. Photo: UNDP Vietnam Ending Plastic Pollution Innovation Challenge (EPPIC), an ASEAN-wide competition seeking solutions to join global efforts against plastic pollution, has attracted the participation of a number of contestants in ASEAN member states. Spearheaded by UNDP with support from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad), EPPIC seeks ways to fight ocean plastic by supporting innovators whose ideas prevent plastic waste and pollution at the local level. As stated by UNDP Vietnam Resident Representative Caitlin Wiesen, plastic is destroying marine life and polluting the earth at an unprecedented rate, tackling plastic pollution will require multi-stakeholder collaboration and engagement. Stig Ingemar Traavik, director for Norad's Department for Climate, Energy and Environment, said different stakeholders need to come together, collaborate, and innovate to stop plastic pollution from reaching oceans, adding that efforts to reduce plastic pollution by contestants to create healthier environments and good jobs in… Read full this story
- Sports New martial arts gain popularity in Vietnam Eco-friendly straws taking off in plastics-loving Vietnam
- PSA Group confirms bid for strategic partnership with Proton – targets expansion in Southeast Asia
- Sports Vietnam to face Indonesia in youth championship semifinal Eco-friendly straws taking off in plastics-loving Vietnam
- Sports Liverpool dish out new deals to ensure sustained success Eco-friendly straws taking off in plastics-loving Vietnam
- Trans-Pacific bid ends after storm damages support boat
- Plastic Collectors Near Coasts Clean Oceans Most Effectively
- India’s Air Pollution Deaths Rivals China
- Grab officially acquires Uber's Southeast Asian biz
- Plastic recycling plant opens in Dundalk, adding 60 jobs
- GM and Isuzu end pick-up truck alliance in Asia – is this the end of the Chevrolet Colorado in ASEAN?
UNDP takes action to end plastic pollution in Southeast Asia have 316 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.