Illustration by Trịnh Lập By Phương Hà A 9-to-5 job in an air-conditioned space with a stable income is apparently rather unappealing to many young Vietnamese, who prefer manual jobs like delivering goods or being a motorbike taxi driver, which gives them more freedom and a bigger payday. Trần Tuấn Tú, who was born in 1990, recently quit his job as an office worker in Cầu Giấy District in Hà Nội to join the community of Grab riders around town. His means of living is now his old Wave Alpha. A working day normally begins at 8 or 9 am, or whenever he turns on the Grab app on his mobile phone. On a busy day, he may finish at 10 pm or even midnight. If the day is slow or he has something else to do, he turns off the app sometime in the afternoon. And if he feels tired or sick, he can decide to take the day off without needing to ask for anyone’s permission. “My old job paid around VNĐ8 million (US$350) a month, half of which I sent back home to my parents, while the remainder was just enough to cover my basic needs… Read full this story
- 'I have no money': debt collection continues despite pandemic
- Working from home is a luxury many renters in the UK can ill afford
- Would a rent cap work for tenants facing £1,000-a-month rises?
- How to recession proof your money, home and job as UK enters 'worst crash on record'
- The lockdown life-changers: six people on their 2020 transformations – from giving up gambling to getting fit
- New 3-day season tickets introduced as Boris Johnson tells the nation to return to work
- What happens to my late husband’s digital life now he’s gone?
- I cook, I work out, I watch movies: how the pandemic gave me my time back
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He's NOT after her money!' Lisa Armstrong's electrician new lover has 'genuinely fallen for her' and has no interest in the £31million she received from divorcing Ant McPartlin, claims his friend
- Being a postal worker during lockdown has shown me who really values our work
There’s more to working life than money have 356 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.