India’s huge coronavirus vaccination drive is behind schedule, with a third of recipients not showing up for appointments because of safety fears, technical glitches and a belief that the pandemic is ending. India’s huge coronavirus vaccination drive is behind schedule, hampered by technical glitches and safety fears. After one week, India has vaccinated 1.4 million people, or 200,000 people per day. It had initially hoped to process 300,000 per day before ramping up the rollout and inoculating 300 million by July. At the Sharda Hospital in Greater Noida near New Delhi, pharma student Khushi Dhingra, 17, hugged a friend and wept as she waited to get her shot. “I am very afraid. I hate needles and I am worried about side effects,” she told AFP. “My papa is very worried too. He is calling me again and again to make sure I am okay.” “There are about 80 students in my batch but only two have opted to get the shot,” said nursing student Sakshi Sharma, 21, in Greater Noida. “My friends are saying there will be side effects, that you can even get paralysis.” India is using two shots for its drive. One is Covishield, a locally produced version… Read full this story
- Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany'
- Teaching anti-vax parents to trust science and the MMR vaccine
- SARAH VINE: Vaping is making me fear for my daughter
- Hong Kong police officer is hit with an ARROW as authorities blasted tear gas and water cannons at protesters occupying a university campus
- India vs Bangladesh Highlights, 1st Test, Day 2: India 493/6 at stumps, lead by 343 runs
- What India should learn from the Manipur ambush
- RCEP: Jaishankar says India concerned over "enormous" trade deficit with China
- Muslims and the reality of a transformed India
- Why There's No Swine Flu Vaccine
- I’m A Celebrity’s Nadine Coyle breaks down in tears ahead of terrifying skydive
Tears and fears as India's huge coronavirus vaccine push falters have 311 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.