Seeing his skin wounds caused by immersion in black water while removing trash from a canal, many people think the 69-year-old man is crazy. But he turns a deaf ear to their comments. Hurrying to put on his boots, Ho Chi Cuong from Binh Chanh commune in Binh Chanh district in HCM City drives his old motorbike to Ong Do Canal every day, where he and his grandchild clean up and clear the water flow. Cuong said Ong Do Canal became seriously polluted in 2018. Domestic waste, together with thick hyacinth, blocked the flow. As the water got stuck, the waste decomposed, creating thick layers floating on the water surface and giving a bad odor. The Binh Chanh commune authorities then encouraged institutions and individuals to help upgrade the canal. Cuong asked volunteers to take part in collecting garbage and cleaning the canal. But the canal had been cleaned for only a short time when people again started throwing waste into it. The flow was once again blocked and the water turned black again. “I saw the canal becoming seriously polluted and I decided that my grandchild and I will collect trash on a voluntary basis,” he said. The two… Read full this story
- Coventry City star on the battle for the left-back berth
- Saigon wants all retail outlets free of plastic bags
- Christian Rey Marbella’s journey with Miss Saigon: from ensemble to The Engineer
- Defender relishes the dirty work as striker faces up to crushing blow
- As Madrid shanty town demolished, man must pick one of his 100 cats
- "Wouldn't fight him but he's not dirty"
- Ciudadanos leaders remove yellow ribbons in Catalan town
- Five talking points from Robins' draw against a "dirty" Bolton
- Mum shrinks her waist to just 21 inches and will spend £15k getting six ribs removed to become UK’s real life Barbie
- Cardiff City 1-2 Real Betis: Murphy shines but visitors prevail
Saigon man removes trash from dirty city canal every day have 309 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.