PREMIER LEAGUE chiefs will not even consider a ‘circuit break’ shutdown – despite a growing push for hibernation. A number of clubs from the lower reaches of the top-flight have begun to lobby for a three-week hiatus. Their argument was bolstered by the latest Covid-19 test figures which saw 36 positive results across the 20 top flight clubs. The rebel clubs argue that a break would allow breathing space to deal with the mutant strains that have already caused chaos at Manchester City, Sheffield United, Fulham and Aston Villa. But while Scottish football’s lower tiers have been mothballed until next month, Prem bosses remain insistent that there is no reason to even consider a temporary shutdown. And that view is backed by the vast majority of top flight clubs, including all of the Big Six, who believe the show must go on.SunSport understands there has yet to be any suggestion of a formal proposal to put the Premier League on hold. West Brom boss Sam Allardyce has been the loudest voice for a closedown so far. But PL chief executive Richard Masters and his senior team have no interest in giving a platform for a debate over the issue. Among… Read full this story
- Premier League grades: Manchester United’s momentum, Arsenal cruise, Liverpool frustrated
- Chelsea vs Dynamo Kiev LIVE – Europa League updates
- College Cheating Scandal Shows a Standardized Test Isn’t Always a Fair One
- Government shutdown's effects begin to spread and deepen across the country. 'We are at ground zero.'
- Government shutdown 2019: State, local officials feel the pinch. 'We are at ground zero.'
- Opinion: Which QB would you choose in a make-or-break game: Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins?
- 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Where does top QB Dwayne Haskins land in first round?
- Champions League LIVE! Dortmund vs Spurs, Real Madrid vs Ajax
- Computer to call balls and strikes in minor league
- Elizabeth Warren defends plan to break up tech giants during SXSW stop
Premier League announces 36 coronavirus cases from two rounds of testing – but won’t consider ‘circuit break’ shutdown have 318 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.