More than 16,000 Christians have signed a petition calling for evangelical leader Franklin Graham to be fired as the head of Samaritan’s Purse and his father’s namesake non-profit Billy Graham Evangelistic Association after he endorsed President Donald Trump ‘s conspiracy theories that the election was “rigged or stolen.” Graham said in December that he believed Trump when he said that the election was “rigged or stolen.” Graham later tweeted his support for Republican lawmakers planning to object to the certification of President-elect Joe Biden ‘s win in multiple battleground states. The petition argues that Graham’s support of Trump’s false claims helped to incite the mob of the president’s rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol while Congress convened to count the Electoral Votes on January 6. “As long as Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association stand by Franklin Graham, it must be said that these once-vaunted organizations have forgotten their original Christian missions, abandoned the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and are complicit in the spread of dishonest, discredited election conspiracy theories and the deadly, unpatriotic, white-nationalist terrorism at the U.S. Capitol incited by those lies,” the petition launched by Faithful America says. “Our faith in Jesus Christ demands that… Read full this story
- America has never felt more divided or dangerous: CAROLINE GRAHAM says the violence now feels like it's personal after two intruders climbed across her bungalow roof in Los Angeles
- The Story of the Delaware Riot That Shaped Joe Biden’s Understanding of Racial Injustice
- The pictures of devastation in riot-torn Kenosha that Trump hopes will make the perfect backdrop for law and order campaign message when he visits on Tuesday
- Republicans accuse Joe Biden's Democrats of wanting to bring 'anarchy and looting' to all of America and refusing to honor cops and troops – while claiming Donald Trump is 'fighting for you'
- 'Do I look like a radical socialist with a soft spot for rioters? Really?' Joe Biden says 'rioting is not protesting' as he Donald Trump for linking him to violence and accuses president of 'poisoning our very democracy' in Pittsburgh speech
- Jordan, Comer demand DC mayor 'immediately suspend' proposal to rename, relocate or remove monuments in capitol
- James Carafano: Left wrongly attacks Trump efforts to end rioting in Kenosha and elsewhere
- New Narrative: Democrats, Media Team Up To Blame Trump For Riots
- MSNBC's Joy Reid says 'BLM doesn't riot,' blames Trump for encouraging violence fueled by 'white nationalist mobs'
- Donald Trump will call Joe Biden 'extreme' and claim he is 'undoing 47 years of Biden's damage' while hammering Democratic rival in RNC speech to crowd of 1,500 at the White House
Over 16,000 Christians Want Franklin Graham Fired for 'Helping Incite' Capitol Riot have 433 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.