Farmers’ protests | Farmers face pressure to leave protest sitesAfter two months of protests without any significant pushback, the farmers’ agitation on the borders of Delhi is now seeing concerted pressure and intimidation from police, as well as local villagers and administrations, to force them to vacate multiple dharna locations.Economic Survey to be tabled todayParliament’s Budget session kicks off today, beginning with the tabling of the Economic Survey for this year. The Union Budget, which Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said will be ‘one like never before’ in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, will be presented on Monday.Farmers’ protests | FIR against Tharoor, senior journalists for ‘inciting violence’The Gautam Buddha Nagar Police lodged an FIR on Thursday against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor and senior journalists Rajdeep Sardesai, Mrinal Pande, Zafar Agha, Anant Nath, Paresh Nath, and Vinod K. Jose for inciting violence on January 26 through their social media posts.U.S. ‘outraged’ over Pakistan SC acquitting Daniel Pearl’s killersIn a strongly worded statement, Tony Blinken urges Pakistan to explore all legal options to ensure that the killers of The Wall Street Journal journalist are brought to justiceWEF’s Davos Summit | More Indian COVID-19 vaccines on the way, says PM ModiPrime… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report — Schiff: Clear evidence of a quid pro quo
- Winter Session Updates: Oppn gives notice to Naidu seeking debate on 'economic crisis'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump on defense over economic jitters
- Legendary political journalist Chris Moncrieff after whom the press bar at the House of Commons is now named dies in hospital aged 88
- The Hill's Morning Report - Week 2: House impeachment witnesses pick up the pace
- The masked 'New IRA' gunman who 'murdered star journalist Lyra McKee': Police release CCTV of armed man taking aim at crowd with a pistol in Londonderry riots amid hunt for the killer
- Holocaust Remembrance Day: EU Must Get Tough on Anti-Semitism
- Turkish economic shadow looms over Europe and beyond
- Violence, shutdown again in Srinagar
- Italian mafia in Slovakia. Tentacles reaching out to politics
Morning Digest | FIR against Tharoor, senior journalists for ‘inciting violence’ on R-Day, Economic Survey to be tabled in Parliament today, and more have 334 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.