We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more. exploring options A final decision is expected to be made sometime in the coming weeks. Babu Mohan 20 Jan 2021 1 Source: Alex Dobie / Android CentralWhat you need to know LG may give up on the smartphone market this year. The company’s CEO has told employees that it is open to “all possibilities” for the smartphone business. LG’s smartphone business has lost close to $4.5 billion over the past five years. After losing money in the smartphone market for five years straight, LG may finally call it quits this year. According to a report published by The Korea Herald, the company’s CEO Kwon Bong-seok has told employees that it is “considering all possible measures, including sale, withdrawal and downsizing of the smartphone business. In a statement sent to the publication, an LG official said: Since the competition in the global market for mobile devices is getting fiercer, it is about time for LG to make a cold judgment and the best choice. Confirming the authenticity of the internal memo, an LG spokesperson told The Verge: LG Electronics management is committed to making whatever decision is necessary to… Read full this story
- Global 5G smartphone market: Huawei tops, these are the other 4
- Use every rise to exit longs or create shorts
- We are long-term, patient capital; in no hurry to exit Zomato: Sanjeev Bikhchandani
- High-end camera maker is releasing a smartphone with a 'holographic display'
- Samsung Electronics No. 2 in 5G smartphones
- Sprint and LG team up on a 5G smartphone set for release in first half of 2019
- LG Electronics Logged Net Losses of $717 Million in Q4 2019
- 5G phones revealed – the superfast smartphones you can buy in the UK in July 2019
- Huawei, not Samsung, top 5G smartphone brand in 2019; Report claims
- Asian markets are recovering a little after coronavirus fears sunk stocks
LG hints at possible exit from the smartphone market have 306 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.