KIM Jong-un’s sister has vanished from North Korea’s key “power list” just as he awards himself the “god-like” power once wielded by his father and grandfather. Kim Yo-jong has mysteriously gone missing from the ruling Workers’ Party’s politburo, raising questions about her status after years of apparent increasing influence. The party held elections on Sunday for its Central Committee at a congress which maps out diplomatic, military and economic policy goals over the next five years. Although Kim’s sister remained a member of the Central Committee she was not included in its all-powerful politburo, North Korean state news agency, KCNA, revealed. The move is being seen as an embarrassing demotion for Yo-jong and means she has been very publicly booted out of North Korea's inner circle of powerful elites. On the flip side, it was announced her brother’s new role of ‘general secretary’ – once held by his father Kim Jong-il and grandfather Kim Il-sung – now makes him "the brain of the revolution." A congress statement said his promotion was in recognition for the way he “has gloriously realised the historic mission to complete the country’s nuclear build-up plan.” On Saturday we reported how missile-mad Kim had pledged to… Read full this story
- Where Is Kim Yo Jong? Kim Jong Un’s Sister Goes Missing From Big Party Meeting
- Kim Yo Jong Is Ready to Become the First Woman Dictator in Modern History
- Roger Stone says he found out about his pardon from watching Fox News as he thanks Donald Trump and is granted clemency along with 28 others including Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father who hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law
- 'Rotten to the core!' Republican senator Ben Sasse slams Donald Trump's pardon spree after Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father are given clemency with promise of more to come
- 'It was an amazing experience': Singer from chart-topping NHS choir who sang during the Queen's Christmas broadcast says 'it was like a child being given all the nicest things in the world'
- Trump says John Bolton will have a 'really big price to pay' for releasing classified information in his tell-all White House book after judge allowed its release but warned the ex-NSC adviser has 'gambled' with national security
- 2020's biggest controversies
- Coming days 'critical' with Trump in hospital after COVID-19 infection — live updates
- Rodman’s Goon Squad Goes to North Korea
- Last of a dynasty: The story behind ‘poor little rich girl’ Gloria Vanderbilt’s family fortune, built in the 1800s and once worth $100million, and her private life scandals, including famous lovers, four marriages and son’s suicide
Kim Jong-un’s sister vanishes from his inner circle as he gives himself God-like status held by father and grandfather have 436 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.